This week's crime report for Clay County Florida, provided by the Clay County Sheriff's Office.
Five years ago, 2017
• Authorities are alarmed when a white Fleming Island High student offers two Black girls for sale on Craigslist.
• The county joins 29 other counties calling for a burn ban amidst a severe drought.
• Oakleaf High triple jumper Melvin Briley wins a Class 4A gold medal at the state track and field championships.
10 years ago, 2012
• The Board of County Commissioners decided unanimously to allow voters to determine whether businesses can have expanded hours to sell alcohol on Sundays.
• The Clothes Closet and Food Pantry of Orange Park receive to top award of $10,000 from the Paul E. Reinhold Community Service Award during the Celebrate Clay breakfast.
• Orange Park Town Clerk Sarah Campbell earned the designation of certified clerk from the International Institute of Municipal Clerks.
20 years ago, 2002
• Cheers owner Larry Lewis and a cook escape injury after three armed men break into the restaurant ahead of their lunch rush.
• A handful of residents express anger about the Town of Orange Park’s plan to host a Fourth of July parade down River Road.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here