Five years ago, 2015
• CenterState Bank sues the Rodeway Inn in Orange Park to recover the outstanding balance of $2.6 million on their mortgage because the hotel owner is “causing waste, …
Five years ago, 2015
• CenterState Bank sues the Rodeway Inn in Orange Park to recover the outstanding balance of $2.6 million on their mortgage because the hotel owner is “causing waste, impairment and deterioration” to the property. The Town of Orange Park is trying to close the hotel after receiving numerous complaints about drug use and crime.
• Former Clay County Agriculture Fair General Manager Pete Sutton announces his retirement.
• St. Vincent’s Medical Center Clay County celebrates construction of the new J. Wayne and Delores Barr Weaver Women and Infants Pavilion.
10 years ago, 2010
• Clay Electric Cooperative warns customers of a possible increase rate. The average monthly bill will grow by 90 cents for each 1,000-kilowatt hours.
• The Way Free Medical Clinic gets a $10,000 grant from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida’s Community Fund.
• The Clay County Board of Commissioners vote to extend a moratorium on the collection of impact fees from residential builders until July 1, 2011.
20 years ago, 2000
• The Clay County Sheriff’s Office is called to investigate reported child neglect at Childtime Children’s Center in Orange Park.
• Ground is broken for the Thrasher-Horne Center on the Orange Park campus of St. Johns River State College.
• Clay County Teen Court Mock Trail team wins top honors at a competition in Volusia County.
30 years ago, 1990
• Three Clay County firefighters are fired for infractions involving public funds.
• The Clay County School District complies with a state mandate by forming a sex education committee.
• Two men, including one from Middleburg, are arrested after deputies said they stuffed a 28-year-old woman into a airplane toolbox.
40 years ago, 1980
• The Board of County Commissioner increase the millage rate by one mill for road improvements.
• The Clay County Commission agrees to accept a gift of 30½ acres adjoining the Agriculture Complex from the Reinhold Corporation.
• A school bus slid into a drainage ditch on Chasen Road, injuring 14 students.