Five years ago, 2015
• A Five Star Pizza delivery driver found a new meaning to the word topping by driving off the entrance ramp and onto the roofs of four parked cars at the Texas Roadhouse on …
Five years ago, 2015
• A Five Star Pizza delivery driver found a new meaning to the word topping by driving off the entrance ramp and onto the roofs of four parked cars at the Texas Roadhouse on Blanding Boulevard.
• The Board of County Commissioners approve a tentative budget of more than $286 million.
• The City of Green Cove Springs wrote checks totaling $410,000 to repair aging roads and electrical systems.
10 years ago, 2010
• The Freedom Marathon, an organization that supports veterans and their families, picks Green Cove Springs for its First Freedom 8K Series Race.
• The Southern Chevy Dealers offer to pay $10,000 toward the $43,000 costs of conducting the American Pie Fourth of July celebration.
• The Orange Park Town Council approve the first reading of the proposed budget of $7.7 million.
20 years ago, 2000
• Christy Fitzgerald and Talmadge Bennett will face each other in a second primary election for Seat 1 of the Board of County Commissioners after neither earned at least 50% of the vote in the first primary.
• The Orange Park Town Council failed to sign an ordinance regulating campaign signs on the same day Mayor Phyllis Renninger lost her primary bid to be the county’s new Superintendent.
• Despite heavy rain, Keystone Height’s Festival of the Lakes continues with vendors who featured crafts, arts, music, family entertainment and food.
30 years ago, 1990
• New county administrator Douglas Anderson asks department and division leaders to voluntarily take drug and alcohol tests.
• A Sea World team returns “Connie,” a 1,085-pound manatee, to the St. Johns River in Orange Park.
• The Clay County School Board fails to agree on putting a resolution on the ballot where voters could decide whether the next Superintendent should be elected or appointed by the board.
40 years ago, 1980
• The County Personnel Committee is asked to develop a policy outlining rules for county department heads who plan to run for office.
• The Green Cove Springs Rotary Club honors Tommy Thomas by making him a Paul Harris Fellow.
• Pre-application for a Community Development Block Grant for the Pier Station was approved by the BCC.